Tuesday 13 April 2010

Putting price on health?

Feeling good today, went to gym first time since I started to work, which I realised to my horror is 6 months ago! Wanted to start gently, so I went to Pilates, scary how stiff my muscles are. Will do same on Thursday, and once my body is used to it, I might start Spinning again, my favourite.

Anyway, I have been in Planet Organic again, went in just to get a smoothie with wheat grass, but ended up buying tahini, raw coconut oil, carob flakes, raw cacao nibbles and spirulina powder (for my smoothies). It cost me a small fortune, it usually does when I go to Planet Organic. And considering we are buying 3 times the amount of fruit and veggies as before, it starts to feel in our bank accounts. But as somebody said: Can you put a price on your health? I think not. Sure, you might be saving now buying cheap and nasty food, but you'll eventually have to pay with poor health and illnesses. So I'll always think: We'll manage. And it has already started to pay off, I feel much better and even my energy levels are starting to increase.

So what did I eat today? For breakfast as usually huge fruit salad. Here are some pictures of my tasty food:


My 10-am-snack was flaxseed and sesame crackers with sauerkraut, nut mayo and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast, yummi!


Enjoying my apple-grapefruit-orange-wheat grass smoothie in the sun


Off the topic: I love my new Puppies ;-)


For lunch I had kale and avocado salad with quiona, spinach, aduki bean and sun-dried tomato mix. Gorgeous! 


Afternoon lift: a bit of raw chocolate


Went past Scandinavian Kitchen and bought a bottle of pressed wild blueberry juice. Very strong flavour, but also very good.


And I finished off my day with carrot-celery-cucumber-apple juice and Body Builder smoothie made of soya yoghurt, wheat germ, linseeds, banana and orange-lime juice. De-li-ci-ous!
P.S. Note the little monkey in the background =)

No comments:

Post a Comment