Saturday 1 May 2010

Long weekend ahead

Here in England we have long weekend - May Bank Holiday Monday! Love it, and this time I also look forward the weekend in food wise, as I have few new raw recipes I want to do this weekend. Otherwise just a quick update of the consumed food:


Freshly pressed grapefruit juice, perfect pre-breakfast drink!



Mixed salad leaves with...



...smoked salmon and cream cheese on rye bread with cucumber.



10 am snack - my rawish colleague made a raw cheese cake with strawberry sauce, which I enjoyed with barley coffee and soya milk. 



From Tossed Salad Bar: Greek salad with roasted butternut squash and hummus - best non-home-made salad I've had so far.



Dinner: Thai green coconut curry with white fish and greens: peas, soya beans, french beans, spring cabbage, coriander, bamboo shoot and baby corn served with millet and rice noodles.



My new favvo breakkie: cashew milk with bananas, sesame seeds, dates and RAW CACAO- best thing ever! I'll tell you more about raw cacao soon - powerful superfood. 



Mixed salad from Planet Organic



Pure nutrition. Say no more.



Sprouts have often very strong flavour, I usually dress it up with olive oil, lemon and liquid aminos. Or just mix it in your favourite salad.



Quick pre-lunch nutrition fix.



Dinner again: sprouting yellow broccoli with avocado, olive oil, lemon juice and dill dressing, chickpea and sweet corn salad with red onion, garlic, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, agave syrup, coriander and mint with veggie bake.



Seaweed salad with carrot, onion, pepper, kidney beans, olive oil, soya sauce and lemon juice.



I had some soya latte on the way to work (don't ask me why, not a big coffee drinker), which later caused some belly ache. Tried to neutralise caffeines acidity with coconut water's alkalinity, but belly ache didn't go away until I had my daily fix of green juice later at home. That taught me a lesson...



I've stopped using salt almost completely since eating more raw food,  as I'm using spices, herbs, soya sauce and liquid aminos instead. But our bodies need some good salt, so I've chosen Himalayan Rose Salt, which is unrefined and contains most of the minerals and trace elements our bodies need. Usual table salt is refined and has none of this, hence the bad reputation. Another good salt is Celtic Sea Salt, very high in minerals.


No comments:

Post a Comment