Friday 14 May 2010

Belly ache and food pix

So much to say and so little time! That sums up the situation at the moment, haven't had time to blog lately, not that I've been doing something exciting, but I still don't feel 100% well and have been having early nights. By the time I get home from work, do some juicing, cook dinner, play with Maya and check my mails, I'm ready to go to sleep.

My eating has been sporadic: some days have been high raw, others very low raw. As I get my stomach aches just after eating, I've been trying to see if it's certain foods that cause it, but it's hard to tell. I even had a portion of chips just to see what reaction it has, and it had same reaction as salad: 1-2 hours after meal I get rather bad pain just under ribcage, and it lasts about 2-3 hours. No idea at all why, I went to GP, but I have one very narrow minded and arrogant GP who told me to stop drinking vegetable juices as these are acid and are probably cause for my belly ache! How stupid is that? Veggie juices are alkalising, not acid... Went also to walk-in centre at local hospital, and was told that I might have after effects of the virus I had, causing acid reflux, and was described painkillers and Gaviscon. Jeeez.. For the sake of people's health, doctors should have at least basic nutritional education.

Anyway, here are few pix


Kale crisps - best to be done with kale leaves but as kale is not in season yet, I have only been able to get hold of shredded kale. Add some olive oil, salt, lemon juice and sprinkle with parmesan cheese (optional), put in pre-heated over (180C) and heat for 5-10 minutes, depending how crisp you want your crisps. Pure raw foodists use dehydrator, which I'm still to invest in, so meanwhile oven will do. Delicious snack, even Maya couldn't get enough!



Mixed salad with kalamata olive dip (hence the colour...)



No meat balls and spaghetti - walnut pate with raw Mariana sauce and zucchini pasta. Raw food at it's best!



Veggie juice with beet root.



Quinoa with veggies - one my favourite meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment