Monday 24 May 2010

Glorious sun

It's been ages! Now that the weather is beautiful, I just find it difficult to sit behind my laptop, especially as I spend considerable time behind the computer at work. So a quick update how my journey is going.

I think I've figured out what seems to cause my belly ache after my nasty virus attack. It's when I eat lot of fruit or drink smoothies I get quite severe pain in my upper abdomen, so it might be that I'm at the moment sensitive to fructose or something. So I've been avoiding fruit and testing my way around, which means the amount of raw foods hasn't been very high during the past week or so. I've had nut and fruit muesli with soya milk and veggie wraps for breakfast, salad or veggie pot or vegetarian sandwich for lunch, and fish and veggies for dinner with my daily green juice. This weekend the weather has been great so we've had BBQ 3 days in a row! We've had salmon and veggies, yesterday we had lovely BBQ at our friend's place, I had some meat as well, and today we had halloumi, organic chicken kebabs and prawns. Lovely! Made delicious grilled halloumi salad with watermelon, runner beans and mint.

I'm going to try to drink vegetable juice twice a day from tomorrow, as I can't have my smoothies at the moment, I'll start drinking green juices for breakfast as well as before dinner. I've noticed that I'm not that hungry after drinking green juice, so I might even skip some dinners and go to gym instead. It's so difficult to find the time to go to gym, but I have to make the effort, starting next week! Wish me luck...

Anyway, it's past midnight now, and I need some sleep, long week ahead. After that I'm off for a week, and will try to fit in a juice fast, the plan is to drink only vegetable juice for 3 days. Will be interesting to see how that goes - me and not eating anything! My mood has been always very dependant on my food intake, like in mornings before I've had my breakfast, I'm really grumpy. But if I don't try, I won't know =) Nite-nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment