Thursday 6 May 2010

Weekend and a bad-ass virus

Haven't been able to write here for awhile; it's been a bit hectic and I've slipped again a bit with my raw food over the long weekend. And now I'm rather ill, I've managed to catch a stomach bug! Talking about bowel flush - coming out from both ends, there couldn't be anything left inside my bowels! I feel better today, but still not recovered yet.

So I guess eating mostly raw food will not protect you from vicious viruses, or maybe it was my body telling me that this what will happen if you start to eat "bad" food again (I had bread and cheese and even ham - oops!, my old friends, during the weekend). Obviously I had to pick up the virus from somewhere (using my best detecting brain cells I still haven't figured out from where - work? Would be obvious as I work in a hospital, but I'm very careful with my hand hygiene, and we have no known outbreaks), so I can't entirely blame the ham and cheese sandwich, but I should really use this for hammering in to that part of my brain that makes me want naughty stuff: If you eat bad things your body will let you know!

Anyway, once I feel ok again, I'll write more, I had so many ideas about what to write: Cows milk, books I've read, super foods, raw kitchen essential etc. Will have to wait a bit longer. Good night for now!

P.S. Just a tip for a great tasting green smoothie for 2: half a pineapple, half a romain lettuce and pinch of spirulina. So tasty even our choosy toddler drunk a whole cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment