Wednesday 31 March 2010

Week two

The weekend went ok, not bad not good. On Saturday I had porridge and toast for breakfast, salmon for lunch and quorn fajitas for dinner. On Sunday I had huge exotic fruit smoothie first thing in the morning (and managed to break my blender in the process), and smoked salmon with egg and piece of bread (oh dear, I had bread!). Lunch consisted of huge salad, and dinner of potato wedges, salad and veggie sausages. And no alcohol! (That’s a biggie for me, habit has it that weekend starts with half a bottle of wine on Friday evening…)

So, the flush… I started on Thursday, but nothing happened, Friday rolled by business as usual, and so came Saturday. I got hold of the consultant, and he said that there might’ve been an issue with the patch, and told me to take 2 bowel conditioner tablets. I took these after 8 pm, and around 11 pm my belly started to rumble. I managed to fall asleep, but at 2 am Maya woke up screaming (nightmare?) and I had to rush to toilet, where I stayed for around 20 minutes, emptying my stomach. Finally I got back to bed thinking that there couldn’t possibly be anything left, but had to go back to toilet at 3 am. Then Maya wouldn’t sleep, and I stayed up with her until 4 am, hoping for sleep-in in the morning. She woke up at 8 am (that’s the most sleep-in we’ll ever get), I went to toilet again, followed by another 5 times during Sunday. It was a weird feeling, like my stomach really was empty. That night I weighed myself and had lost nearly 3 kilos. I started then with fibre solution, quite horrible, but getting used to now, 3 times a day. The fibre expands and helps the bowel to move, getting rid of any remaining waste. And I also started with bowel tonic, most vial thing ever! Have to take this twice a day, am and pm, but every time I drink it (mixed with water or juice), I start gagging and want to vomit. Not sure how I can do this for remaining 2 weeks, it’s disgusting. But apparently very powerful cleanser of whole system, including the blood.

Otherwise I feel quite ok, except that I’ve has this flu lurking around, not quite biting, but making me cough, sore throat and so on. Maybe it’s the veggie juice I drink every evening that won’t let it break me down. That reminds me, I need a new juicer, the one we have is not up to the hard core juicing I’m demanding from it, and it leaves wet pulp for me, which I usually put back into juicer to get more juice out. Must find some flavours that are more palatable, but I was told that no fruit and sweet veggies in the evening… =( That leaves celery, cucumber, spinach and other green leafy veggies and few other. Very nutritious, but not best tasting juices.

First day of week two has gone well, fruit salad and raw salad with butter beans so far, and I managed to get some raw fruit and nut bars with cocoa from Planet Organic. Considering there is no sugar in these, they are very delicious. And all RAW!

No comments:

Post a Comment