Thursday 12 August 2010

Just some thoughts

I can't believe, my carb cravings are almost gone! If it's green smoothies or added hemp protein, not sure. Maybe both. I'm starting to love my green smoothies now, it took some days to get used to them. I've had 3 large glasses of green smoothie every morning this week. I finally got my Green Smoothie Revolution by Victoria Boutenko (I've tried to order it twice and delivery company failed to deliver) and I'm looking forward trying some of her receipes. Maybe this:

1 mango
1 kiwi
1 cup collard greens
2 strawberries
1 sprig of basil
1 cup of water

or

2 ripe peaches
1 grapefruit, juiced
1 cup kale
3/4 cup water

or if you can get ingredients, this one sounds interesting. Makes 2 litres.

1 cup dandelion leaves
1 cup spinach
2 cups strawberries
3 mangoes
1/4 pine needles
2 cups water

So what have I been eating lately? As said, I have over a litre green smoothie after my morning glass of water. Then around 9.30ish I've been having bowl of organic cinnamon blueberry flaxseed cereal with hazelnut milk -  so delicious. Hazelnut milk is my favourite nut milk at the moment, it goes really well with coffee too. For lunch I usually have a salad with piece of sprouted bread. One day I had a vegetarian ciabatta as I thought I needed some carbs because I was planning to go to gym in the evening. It didn't give me the energy I thought it would, so I will not do that again. Then in the evening I usually have a cooked vegetarian meal. I did try a savoury green smoothie (or cold soup?) for dinner one night, but didn't like it. Green smoothie for me has to have fruit in it, at least for now. 

On Wednesday I finally got out my bike. It's been in shed for 2.5 years, since I moved from London. I used to bike to work, but since the move I haven't had chance to use it. But now I have no excuse, instead of taking the car to gym I can use my bike. 

On another note, it's been lately a bit mentally exhausting at home. Maya is in a some sort of terrible two's at the moment, and everything needs to be challenged. And the screams and the tantrums are never ending. Latest thing is complete refusal to eat sitting in her chair. Only way she eats her dinner is either on my or daddy's lap. And the sucking of thumb that started last week, at the age of 21 months? Why?

I've started to take camera with me to work again so I can take food pix again, and I promise to be better on updating more often here. My next goal is to be 100% raw 1 day a week, haven't set a date yet, but hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment